Friday, February 29, 2008

One never really realizes how soothingly quiet their hometown is until they get back to their school-city, open the window and realize that they can't hear the snow falling anymore. Instead, it's just constant cars whooshing by, the occasional bus squealing to a stop and the almost too-frequent sirens of ambulances and firetrucks.

I could hear the snow falling.
And here? It was blizzarding out and all I heard was traffic. At 10pm.

I am immensely homesick.
No matter how much I complained about home, it was still just that: home.

It didn't help when dad phoned home and passed me the phone to talk to my mom.
It didn't help when she told me that she got home and "looked around for you and then remembered you weren't here. I miss you."
It didn't help that my little sister's status on Facebook is "very upset because she came home to find [me] not there :(. "
It didn't help.

After 3 years, you'd think I'd be stronger and less a wimp after 3 years, but it seems to only be getting worse.
I played 2 straight hours of Age of Empires III. It didn't help.
I ate a slew of granola bars. No help.
I contemplated buying massive amounts of unneeded makeup sometime tomorrow, because I haven't done that since last year. Didn't help.

It's too noisy here.
I can't hear the snow.

No comments: