Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And Kate says I'm gonna Snap

I’m trying my hardest to figure out why my grandmother is so pissed off at me.

Story time! This morning, while preparing breakfast for myself, she kept trying to get me to say “ok” to her cooking something for me before I leave. I had to leave in half-an-hour. I told her I had a sandwich in my bag and two clementines, but she kept insisting. She then said that, if I didn’t say yes to her cooking for me, that she’d “have to throw everything out.” She had nothing cooked. So she then said “Fine! I’ll give you money and you can buy something. Then I won’t have to cook ever again.” And she put $10 on the counter and went about laundry (which I conceded to her last night, so she should be happy or something. She finally won. I’m not able to grow up/mature, even a little, in the world, bravo to her.)

I was getting ready to leave and she put a banana by my bag, harassing me that I “can’t learn without eating something,” to which I kept telling her that I -have- something to which -she- kept scoffing at. So then she tried shoving the money in my hand, ‘cause I refused to take it. I eventually took it, telling her I wasn’t going to use it (and I didn’t) and she said “Fine. Just go over there (meaning the mall, I suppose) and buy something to eat.” She then sat at the table and I said goodbye and left.

Tonight, I walked in, went to the back room, where she was sitting in the dark, watching The Weather Network, and said hello and she said hello back, in a tense-ish way. I went upstairs to drop my stuff off and she said nothing to me. Not even when I came back downstairs. And she usually asks me how my day was etc. Nothing. So I went to watch some tv in the other room and the phone started ringing. It rang twice and I called out to her “Should I answer it?” and she said “I’m not answering it.” So it kept ringing. I then went and stood in the doorway to the back room and said “You’re not going to answer it? You’re just going to let it ring?” and she said “I’m not answering it. You answer it.” So I did. And it was some annoying German friend of hers. So I passed the phone off to her (the phone from the front) and went back to the front room. I could hear her laughing and stuff. She then came into the room and put the phone back, then went into the kitchen for something. She then went into the washroom and was running the water (I dunno, for her teeth or something) and I went upstairs, saying slightly loudly that it was “time for pajamas” and went into my room. I kept my door open. I changed, and I heard her close her door. She opened it again, and then slammed it. Without saying anything. So, really, I did -something- wrong, I just don’t know what. And I do -not- need this stress right now.

I’m just getting so -frustrated- with her! Gah! What did I do this time? She’s been all “Your older sister this” and “Your older sister that,” (you know, saying I’m not getting the Port Elgin paper because mom and dad are “probably saving the money to bring your older sister home” and such) so maybe I’m not living up to some “Older Sister Standard,” but god! She’s so irritating!

My friend, Kate, told me today that “one day, you’re just gonna snap.” And it’s true. I really think I’m just biding my time. Or -she’s- just biding -her- time…either way, class tomorrow. I’m off to a stressful sleep. Wish me luck!

No comments: