Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I don’t know what to do.

My grandmother comes home sometime Thursday afternoon.
I have class from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
I want to skip the classes. Why? Well, so I can do a final run around the house clean up/ enjoy my last moments of freedom.
So, problem: my “Problems in Mass Society” class (which I’ve been calling “PMS”) is on Thursday. And, apparently, on said Thursday, we’re going to be picking topics/groups/dates for presentations.
My friend Raeanne is in that class, but she hasn’t been to class for the last week and a half because she’s been in Mexico for her brothers wedding/long overdue honeymoon.
She emailed me tonight and told me she’s back in Canada and ready for class, that she’ll most likely be there on Thursday but may not because she caught a bug in Mexico and is sort of still sick.
I’m afraid that, if neither of us are there, we’ll either be forced to join different groups (separate from each other) or will have to go on the first day…which is bad for me, since all of my History profs seem to have combined diabolical minds and decided to make all of my essays etc. due that week or the week that follows.
So…
I might as well go on Thursday.
So I’m going to use this blog as an objective forum to figure out what I have to do tomorrow/ in whatever time I can get on Thursday.

Wednesday:
- catch 11:30 bus, be at school around noon-ish
- spend time before class not psyching myself up, instead prepare self to actually participate in class
- in hours between classes, go one compy while in library and find books for multiple essays
- work on annotated bibliography/topic proposal for Euro. history class, due Monday
- 6:30-9:30pm: Women in History Class
- home around 10-ish (if I catch the 9:30 bus)
- 10-ish, home, eat remaining “foreign” food that grandmother would find offensive, such as snow peas, bean sprouts and Count Chocula cereal with what’s left of the soy milk, for dinner
- put in laundry
- relish in the fact you are doing your own laundry for the last time for another year or so…probably
- while waiting for laundry, watch tv and relish in the last bit of independence you will have for another year…or more (back to the German form of "yelling" the next day because I was up watching tv after 11pm the night before...)
- go to bed, probably really late now

Thursday:
- catch 9:30 bus for 10:30 class
- next class at 1:30
- in said class, make “nice girl eyes” at the girls in front of you and hope to dear god that they’ll let you in their group
- but! if Raeanne is there, be overjoyed
- go home
- if Omster not there, sit in front or back room and mourn your soon-to-be lack of freedom
- swear a lot. out loud.
- when she’s home, go to bed…or something…end of joyous times…no more soy milk or healthy food…back to undistinguishable fried meats, gravy and too much potatoes
- die a little inside

The end.

Well then, that’s my genius plan.
Thanks, blog, for helping me hash that out.
Now, it may be 10:30pm, but my full box of Count Chocula is calling me. Toodles!

No comments: