Thursday, September 25, 2008

Went to the academic adviser...

So I went to the academic adviser. I had found out how to apply to the MLIS program last night, as I fiddled around on the interwebs, so I went and asked her about graduation.
She checked my transcripts against the modules (history and sociology) and was all “You’re all good! ;D “ But then she said “But I have one question: what were you planning on using for your science credit.” So, naturally, I responded with the almighty and powerfully charming/mature “What?! I need a science credit?! I never knew that! DDD: ”
I need a science credit to graduate. When she told me I truthfully felt the same way I had felt when I was told I was going to have to take a math class for sociology (Stats) : Like university had lied to me. Math and science?! That’s why I’m taking Soc and History! LACK OF MATH AND SCIENCE!
So she said she’ll talk to the person in charge of that stuff and see if my Environmental history or my Stats could count as a science credit. She said that she’s VERY convincing, and that she’d get back to me in a few days. She told me to send her positive thoughts. So, of course, I sure as hell am! D:<
She’s a really nice woman, and I trust her/believe in her. I hope hope hope she can help me!
If they don’t count either of those classes as a science credit, I’ll have to pick up another class. And it’s already pretty late in the game, and I’m taking 5 essay courses as it is. Good god…I better start looking for a class to take.
But first, I’m in desperate need of a nap. The stress is piling, so logically all I can think of to do is sleep.
I think I’ll be needing some help again, and soon.

No comments: